Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Night in Paris










On Christmas Eve's Eve I was invited to see the Nutcracker at the Paris Hotel with Nana and the girls. I have never seen the Nutcracker or been to the ballet so I was totally excited. We had a little time before the performance so we stopped at the Creperie for some delicious Crepes. These were not your ordinary crepes either, they were huge and smothered in goodness. We had a mushroom and spinach, a shrimp and a ham and cheese crepe which were all topped with a creamy bechamel sauce. On the sweet side there was a chocolate and cream, a mixed berry and cream and a raspberry with lemon curd which were to die for. After stuffing our faces with utter bliss we headed to The Nutcracker. It was so cute to see all of the little kids dressed up and excited to see the ballerinas. ( I was a little excited my self) We had great seats and I was surprised how fast the show went by. The dancers were so graceful and their bodies are unbelievable. I would love to have arms like that. I think the baby mice stole the show, who doesn't love watching kids dressed up as chubby little mice jumping around a stage. It was absolutely a night to remember.

No comments: