Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holiday Festivities












I know I'm a little late with this post but I figure I have a 30 day grace period before it's to late to post.

This year we kept it pretty low key for Christmas and New years just hanging out at home. We did however manage to put up a tree this year. I think this is the first year we had a real tree and I loved it. Christmas morning I made our traditional eggs benedict with hash browns, sausage and a baked berry french toast. We had planned on going to Sushi for dinner but were so stuffed from brunch we just lounged around and watched movies the rest of the day.

The following Monday I went to lunch with Nana, Beaner and Suhaila at Joe's Stone Crab at Caesars Forum Shops. This was my first time eating there and it was everything I heard it would be and more. We chose either a fillet mignon or the stone crab. I chose the stone crab and coleslaw. The crab meat was so tender and had the best flavor it was worth picking through all the shells to get to the meat. The coleslaw is mixed table side which I have never seen before and was the best I have ever had. To finish off the best meal ever we had a slice of banana cream pie. OMG! again the best ever, I think the thing that put it over the top was the homemade caramel sauce drizzled on top. After lunch we walk trough the Forum Shops to walk off some of the calories.

The next day Vannessa and the 3 older kids stopped by on their way home. Holidays are not the same without kids so we were so happy to have a few monkeys here to open presents and play with. A couple of weeks before Christmas Leo called to see when they would be coming to our house next because he wanted to put in his "food order". He said he wanted French toast and bacon so I made that along with eggs, rice and hashbrowns. I love that he makes random phone calls like that. After brunch they ate themselves silly with the goodies Kevin's mom sent them from Hawaii.

New Years we decided to stay in. We were going to drive out and watch the fireworks but realized we would have the best view in bed watching tv plus it was so cold. Since we were vegging out we decided to break out the deep fryer and make our own party. We had crab wantons, lumpia, dumplings, coconut shrimp egg rolls and chinese noodles. This was a great way to end the year, relaxing and spending time with family.

No comments: