Thursday, April 23, 2009

Foodie Night With My Cousins




















I think I've have died and gone to Heaven, Foodie Heaven that is. I just got back from the Epicurean Festival at the Flamingo and can now go to sleep happy. My cousin asked if I wanted to volunteer for this event and in return we could get in for free so of course I said "YES!". Kiana, Max and I worked for about 2 hours then we were released to devour the goodness of tons of local restaurants. When I walked thru the door I thought I heard angels singing when I saw endless tables of scrumptious food. It was like an adult version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There were tables of desserts, steaks, mini hamburgers galore (even a dessert hamburger), desserts, seafood, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese and even more desserts. Just when you thought you were done there was another section filled with more food booths. There were lots of great ice sculptures, carved fruits and great displays. I can't say enough about how great the food taste and looked.

I thought it was never going to end when all of a sudden my stomach had its fill and was not allowing anything else to go in. It's amazing that even though your eating just a small sample you get stuffed really fast. I tried the whole mind over matter thing but it was time to stop because my "I think I've died and gone to Heaven" was soon becoming my "I think I ate too much and I am now entering Hell".

On our way out the door and just when we said we weren't going to eat another bite we spotted the cotton candy machine and I left with a smile on my face and a little of cotton candy.

2 comments:

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

That sounds like a pregnant woman's dream come true!!!!!!

Kiana Hayden said...

Oh it was Kamaile. The food was so amazing and it hurts my stomach just to think about it but makes me so happy at the same time! I wish I could have a healthy relationship with food!