Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day








This year for Valentine's Day we decided try out Carnegie Deli at the Mirage. I have wanted to go since we found out it was there but always seem to forget about it plus we hate going anywhere on The Strip. I am glad we decided to do lunch instead of dinner because there was quite a wait to get a table. One of the reasons why I wanted eat there was for the pickles. I remember going to the real Carnegie Deli in New York City with the Scholer's when I was younger and could still remember the homemade pickles they bring to the table, they are sooooo good. The sandwiches are huge but I didn't realize how HUGE until it was brought to the table. We ordered the "Woody Allen" and a Frankfurter w/sauerkraut. I ate half of the pickles before the food actually got there so I only got through a few bites of my sandwich before I was done. I knew we would be too stuffed to eat desert but you can't go there without ordering the original New York cheesecake so we ordered one to go. Also very yummy. I just realized I am talking alot about the food but it was also a great date. Kevin doesn't like to get too caught up in these "Hallmark Holiday's" so I was very please when he made the suggestion to go out for Valentine's Day. Thanks Babe XOXO